Severn Valley Training and Medical
The EFAW course is ideal for most businesses to train staff as first aiders in the workplace.
The course covers primary care skills as laid down by Ofqual. This is an approved course
and is carried out by an approved instructor.
You will learn the skills listed below:
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Fears of First Aid
- Initial Assessment
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Spinal Injury Management
- Burns and Scalds
- Anaphylactic Shock and Allergies
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- The Heart
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Chest Only Compressions
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
This course must be at least 6 contact hours and run over a minimum of 1 day.
The certificate is valid for 3 years and to renew you need to attend another EFAW course. This course is taught 100% in classroom and not online. It meets the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981.