Severn Valley Training and Medical
This course is for Nannies and Au Pairs who do not need to register. Childminders,
nursery workers and child workers still need the 2 day 12 hour course to meet their
requirements. If you are looking at also entering other childcare sectors, then the full
2 day or our blended Paediatric course would be best.
This one day course meets the needs of the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register for
Nannies and Au Pairs.
Minimum of 6 hours required
You will learn the skills listed below:
- After this course the student will have a greater understanding of the possible injuries and illnesses that could affect children and know that gaining immediate professional care is vital to ensure that pain and suffering is reduced as much as possible
- Basic first aid skills are introduced, ensuring that the EMS are called and professional medical help gained
- You will learn to be aware of the different accidents and illnesses that involve children
- To get students thinking about possible dangers, therefore reducing the chance of an accident happening
- To ensure all students know the importance of immediate professional care and how to activate it
- You will learn to carry out Basic Life Support skills on adults, infants and children and know the differences in these age groups
- Understand childhood illnesses and injuries and how to treat them