Severn Valley Training and Medical
This course meets and exceeds the requirements laid down by Ofsted and SureStart for
people needing a 2 day 12 contact hour first aid course for Adult, infant and child. This
group includes childminders teachers and carers.
Our blended course offers a video based online course that is completed before attending
a full day in the classroom with an instructor to complete the practical part of the course.
This course offers an excellent alternative for those who are simply unable to spare the
time to attend 2 days in a classroom only course. When you have successfully completed
both the online and classroom modules, you will be issued a certificate and wallet card.
Minimum of 6 hours required for the classroom based session.
You will learn the skills listed below:
- Planning for First Aid Emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Activating the emergency services and identifying the need to call the EMS
- First Aid kits and accident reporting
- Unconscious but breathing (Recovery Position)
- Resuscitation Procedures Appropriate to the Age of the Children being cared for
- Adult, Infant and Child CPR
- Choking and choking becoming unconscious after choking
- Recognising and Responding Appropriately to emergencies
- * Please contact us for more information inc learning outcomes.